Cloud /kloud/ (noun):
- The computing practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local computer.
Notions /nōSH(ə)n/ (noun):
- A conception or idea. IE: the notion of democracy.
Cloud Notions is a team of CRM consultants who deliver cutting-edge products and services via Salesforce.com. Salesforce is the number one CRM solution, used by 130,000 companies world-wide, and based entirely in the cloud with no software to install.
When we first started working with the Salesforce platform several years ago, it immediately surpassed many other technology platforms that we'd previously worked with. Businesses were convinced of the notion that they could become more flexible, win more deals, and stop working in spreadsheet files. These ideals became core tenets of our consulting practice.
Our main goal is to help grow businesses by using the right technologies for the job. Our team includes technologists who have deep knowledge of many of the CRM technologies used today. But more importantly, we focus on 100% success...we don't win unless our client partners win.
Let's be frank: when you work with other consultants, you may not be assigned the "best of the best" team members. Unless you are a Fortune 100 company, you may be assigned a consultant who is learning on the job. Large consulting companies have tons of "worker bees" who have zero or one certification credential.
This isn't the case with Cloud Notions. We average 5+ certifications per team member, and the CEO is directly involved with every project.
Please see below for a brief snapshot of our credentials. This list is growing daily, and Salesforce certifications are not easy to come by. They require an intensive study, a proctored test, and regular maintenance reviews.
We undergo these certifications so clients have confidence they are being advised by the best of the best.
Ethos - Driving Principals
In one of the most-watched TED talks of all time, Simon Sinek implored business leaders to "Start with Why". In order for an organization to succeed, the team members must align for common purposes and culture. We call this the Cloud Notions Ethos:
- Get Things Done: Our team is responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful. We don't just do what was requested - we take time to understand the business and propose the best solutions. We work quickly and accurately; clients can count on us. Clients should be delighted by our results.
- Ethical at all Costs: if a project is not a good fit for our skills, we tell our clients. If we made a mistake, we will own it. Ethical behavior is a critical part of our culture.
- Keep Users At the Forefront: We need to unite our customers with their CRM data. Many times, well-meaning architects don't take the time to ensure that users will be able to understand and use the system. Data should become a powerful tool, rather than an end unto itself.
- Team as Family: Create a working environment that is enjoyable and profitable. Team members should profit more from their work than the company. Provide the team with world-class training, equipment, and support. Give them every opportunity to succeed.
- Professional Project Management: Jim is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and has practiced as a PM for many years. We support the art and science of project management by speaking at events, posting articles, and answering questions from other PMs. Our clients will always know the scope, schedule, budget, and risks for all projects. They will always have a point of contact who can communicate clearly and concisely.
- Community Involvement: We believe that technology can make a massive difference in the non-profit space, so we maintain a series of non-profit projects in order to give back to the community.
Jim GordonPrincipal Consultant
Jim has an extensive background in software, having led technology projects in Banking, Call Center, Defense, Web-to-Print, eCommerce, Real Estate, Pharma, and Salesforce.com. He also has deep domain knowledge of project management office (PMO) and Governance activities. For him, no client is too large or too small.
Trent BunnellCyber Security / Operations
A decorated military veteran, Trent has worked in cyber security and other technology positions for years. He has a Top Secret security clearance and holds degrees from Indiana and Webster Universities. Trent is a senior manager who can be counted on to shepard any technology project to completion.
Mike WilliamsPM / Salesforce Admin
Mike has extensive experience with Salesforce.com, and serves his community as the co-leader of the Atlanta Salesforce Non-Profit User Group. A Georgia Tech grad and former director at the Clean Air Campaign, Mike’s focus is on getting the job done right the first time.
Organic EndeavorsHubspot / Marketing Tech
OE is our marketing technology partner, and they do the job well. They are a certified Hubspot partner with years of experience in Lead-Gen Technology. We frequently partner with them to bridge the gap between Hubspot and Salesforce.