Our client was operating a large-scale residential real estate service along the East Coast. They made referrals of hot leads to independent real estate agents. Their performance data showed that if a real estate agent didn’t respond within 30 minutes, they would often lose the sale. The client needed a very rapid lead assignment and followup process.
Thus, we worked with the client to architect a quick response lead assignment process. If agents did not respond within 10 minutes to a newly assigned lead, the lead would be transferred to a different agent. The business process was as follows:
- A new lead was created by the Inside Sales team.
- Custom Apex code was constantly re-calculating agent scores based on Lead performance.
- A custom Visualforce screen queried for the highest-performing agents in that area.
- A mobile-compatible email alert was sent to the first agent.
- If they didn’t click the “Accept” link in the email within 10 minutes, their overall score decreased.
- The next highest scoring agent then received an email.
- The process would repeat for 3 agents, then notify management.
The process was one of the most aggressive lead assignment processes we have built. But the leads were high-stakes, and the client benefited greatly from this process. Shortly after implementation, the client expanded into a new state.